This site is dedicated to the memory of Lindsey Freeman Gamez. Lindsey was taken from us suddenly on Saturday December 19th, 2009. She leaves behind her loving husband Matt her beautiful newborn baby boy Callum Ryker, her parents Mark and Pam, her sister Stevie, brother Tyler and many other family members and close friends.



Lindsey was often remembered for her infectious smile and her warm spirit. We welcome your precious memories of Lindsey by submitting your stories of years past to staci@blogaliciousdesigns.com to be posted on this site for her family to read. You can also come here for information on services and the different ways to honor her memory.


Memorial Fund

In Lieu of flowers, the family requests that you please make a donation to the Callum R. Gamez benefit fund at Frost Bank.





**You can find the archived stories in the left sidebar, or by scrolling down and clicking the "older posts" link.

Monday, December 28, 2009

I Know.....

It's taken me a long time to publish this post, the reason....well one might say :

"you didn't even really know Lindsey" ....and that's partially true,

I didn't know her inside and out like her family and close friends....I didn't know all the things that she accomplished in her short life (aside from what Kristen told me when she often spoke of Lindsey) its true, i didn't know her as most people would assume. And what i remember, well....I remember her smile, her perfect wavy voluminous hair, her LOUD laugh (like i heard ALOT of people describe), and as silly as it is, i remember her Coke Stevenson jersey's and her black basketball shoes :)

However, because she was a wife and a mother...I knew her.

I say this because we as women can always relate to one another.....and often we have some what of a bond even when we don't KNOW each other....

--in the grocery store when we see a worn out mother with a screaming baby, we KNOW as tired as they are, they lovingly care for their needs because they TRESURE that child with their whole heart and we give an understanding smile....as if to say "dude, i know...i know"

--in a doctors office, or hospital when you see the look of desperation, we KNOW as much as they want to break down and sob, they are strong so that their child doesn't fear....so that their child feels secure because Mommy is keeping it together.....

--I know that there must have been days she was irritated with Matt for coming home late from work, or from a friends house because when we commit to a marriage we long for time spent and attention, and darn it if he's late hes wasting my time...:)

I could go on and on about all the similar things we as women experience, so again, as a woman, I KNOW.

I know that when she held that baby in her arms she fell in love with another man ;) (Callum)I know that she LOVED Matt, because i have imagined it through Kristen's words and have seen it in the pictures used for this site. And I know that her greatest fear was leaving her child and her husband behind or losing one of them.....I know, because it is mine, and every wife and mothers.... I know, if something could have been done, she would have done ANYTHING to stop it from happening....and im certian, if she loved them as it appeared on earth, then she is still loving them from afar.

And finally I KNOW that there are MANY women and men who, although they hadn't seen Lindsey in years, were effected as i was because of JUST the person she was on the outside .....and so I cannot even imagine the great feeling of loss to those who knew her inside AND out.

I want to extend my most sincere condolences to the Freeman Family, the Gamez family.....and to Callum. I will forever be effected by your loss because this has shown me how truly short our lives can be and to treasure each moment to its fullest. And from what i heard at Lindseys services, that is exactly what she did, live life to the fullest. :)

Please know that I am praying for your comfort through this VERY difficult time,
Staci (Adams) Loalbo

No comments:

Post a Comment

To view archived posts you can go to the archive section in the sidebar or click the "older posts" link.